Here are some great children's books we've purchased. I've divided them into categories: books that deal with adoption (though not necessarily Chinese specific), books about China (but not about adoption), general children's books, and religious children's books.
Children's Books about Adoption:
Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
(not Chinese specific)
My Family is Forever
(Chinese adoption specific)
The White Swan Express: A Story About Adoption
(Chinese adoption specific)
Shaoey and Dot: Bug Meets Bundle
(Chinese adoption specific)
It's Okay To Be Different
(while not necessarily about adoption, it lists adoption as one of the things it's "okay to be different" about)
Children's Books about China:
My First Chinese New Year
The Story About Ping
(the story takes place in China, and was one of Amy's childhood favorites)
Moonbeams, Dumplings & Dragon Boats: A Treasury of Chinese Holiday Tales, Activities & Recipes
(great resource with projects to bake and make for the major Chinese festivals)
Round is a Mooncake: A Book of Shapes
General Children's Books:
Sun Bread
I Knew You Could!
The Listening Walk (Miss Spider)
Dashing Through the Snow (Miss Spider)
Mr. Peabody's Apples
Belinda, the Ballerina
Old Blue Buggy
I'm Gonna Like Me (rpkg): Letting Off a Little Self-Esteem
Richard Scarry's Smokey's Fire Engine (Book, Toy and Puzzle)
Miss Honey's School Bus
Religous Children's Books:
The Biggest Bible Storybook
Lift-and-Learn New Testament Stories
God Gave Me: A Story Of God's Blessings
God Smiles When
He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
Just In Case You Ever Wonder - Board Book
The Story of the Loaves and Fishes (Story Of...)
Bible for Me: 12 Favorite Stories
All About Jesus
All About Prayer
All About The Bible
: If I had known I could have learned this entire history in only 24 pages (half of them pictures), I could have saved myself a ton of work in grad school!
Children's Books about Adoption:Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
My Family is Forever
The White Swan Express: A Story About Adoption
Shaoey and Dot: Bug Meets Bundle
It's Okay To Be Different
Children's Books about China:My First Chinese New Year
The Story About Ping
Moonbeams, Dumplings & Dragon Boats: A Treasury of Chinese Holiday Tales, Activities & Recipes
Round is a Mooncake: A Book of Shapes
General Children's Books:Sun Bread
I Knew You Could!
The Listening Walk (Miss Spider)
Dashing Through the Snow (Miss Spider)
Mr. Peabody's Apples
Belinda, the Ballerina
Old Blue Buggy
I'm Gonna Like Me (rpkg): Letting Off a Little Self-Esteem
Richard Scarry's Smokey's Fire Engine (Book, Toy and Puzzle)
Miss Honey's School Bus
Religous Children's Books:The Biggest Bible Storybook
Lift-and-Learn New Testament Stories
God Gave Me: A Story Of God's Blessings
God Smiles When
He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
Just In Case You Ever Wonder - Board Book
The Story of the Loaves and Fishes (Story Of...)
Bible for Me: 12 Favorite Stories
All About Jesus
All About Prayer
All About The Bible


Great list of books... I haven't seen some of these... and I LOVE books! Thanks for sharing!